If you ask us the best thing about Christmas is the food and we came across these fun melting snowman cookies so we thought we’d share this fun recipe with you – not only will these delicious cookies go down a treat but they will also be super fun to get the kids involved with the cooking over the Christmas holidays.
Buy size large cookies from a local super market and then here is what you will need for the decorations:
1. To make the melted part you will need to combine icing sugar into a bowl and add cold water until the mixture is runny but thick enough to coat a spoon, (top tip: just add a tiny little bit (1tsp) of water at a time to ensure the consistency is correct)
2. Cut the marshmallow in half for the face of the snowman
3. Spoon a little icing onto each cookie
4. Attach half amarshmallow. Using a little icing, stick the other half on top at an angle.
5. Drizzle a little more icing onto the cookie to make melting snow.
6. Break up a pretzel and place on the cookie as arms and add the balls as his buttons and nose
7. Using the writing icing, pipe small blobs for the eyes and mouth.